Wednesday 1 February 2023

Never Ending Mixtape part 79


Hello

Welcome to the first update of my Never Ending Mixtape series in 2023. I missed January and as a result there are far too many songs that have been added since the last update, so it's a bit of a round up!

But by now, you know the drill. I add songs to my Never Ending Mixtape all the time and do a catch up blog every month. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH if you are one of the 310 people that follow my Never Ending Mixtape playlist on Spotify where (at the time of writing) there are 3,173 songs for you to explore and enjoy, up to the stunning I Think I Need A New Heart by The Magnetic Fields.

It's a real melting pot. I enjoy playing on shuffle. 

Search for Everything Flows Never Ending Mixtape on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Additions include;

NEW ARTISTS - Goliath and Swim School from Scotland who I blogged on HERE

NEW/LATE DISCOVERIES - I only checked the Panda Bear and Sonic Boom album after my albums of 2022 blog. It is SUBLIME.

SUPER SOUL - I'm listening to A LOT of soul music these days. There are some gems from Marvin Gaye that I had never heard before. The amount of demos and previously unreleased songs available online by Marvin are incredible. Prolific!

OLD FAVES - James, Badly Drawn Boy, Oasis, Beck, The Juliana Hatfield 3, Nirvana

BLAKE BABIES - I have been going through a Blake Babies (Juliana Hatfield's old band) phase. Expect a blog on them in the near future. I LOVE THEM!

And the United Calypso song is on there after the tremendous 2-1 victory over city recently. It is a gem of a football song, harking back to the days of the Busby Babes, it really captures the excitement of going to see the magnificent young team that Sir Matt created. So if your'e a football fan you might appreciate it anyway. If not, just skip.





No comments: