Thursday 12 May 2022

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 13


Welcome to the latest of my monthly 60-minute mixes inspired by the kind of pre-club nights I would go to 'back in the day' at The Variety Bar or McChuills in Glasgow. I loved the music the DJ's played in there, both pubs had a real anything goes and everything flows philosophy. 

As a result you'd get a real mix of music played through the night and I regularly preferred to stay in the pub until closing time (sometimes after) rather than go to a club.

So, my 13th mix - lucky for some and lucky for you! This is definitely one of my favourites. I love the way it flows. Opening with a (relative) newbie by David Holmes and going into a brilliant funky electro pop song by Lou Hayter who used to be in New Young Pony Club. Really love this song and her album that she released last year.

There are some big hitting club acts involved - Simian Mobile Disco, Todd Terje and Justice! No messing! Also the brilliant track by Queen Of Japan that Too Many DJ's used to great effect circa 20-years ago.

How cool is the DFA remix of Gorillaz DARE? WOW! It goes on and on, I would be in heaven if I heard this in a club or at a pre-club night!

Then Swoon ... aptly named. Before closing with an outrageous song by The Juan Mclean.

Check the full tracklisting below and you can play the list by searching for Everything Flows DJ mix 13 on Spotify or by CLICKING HERE

Hope Is The Last Thing To Die - David Holmes w/ Raven Violet & Laura Lippie (photo above)

Time Out Of Mind - Lou Hayter (photo below)

I Believe - Simian Mobile Disco

Ready 2 Wear - Felix Da Housecat (photo below)

Inspector Norse - Todd Terje 

I Was Made For Loving You - Queen Of Japan

D.A.N.C.E - Justice

DARE (DFA remix) - Gorillaz 

Swoon - The Chemical Brothers

Happy House - The Juan Maclean (photo above)




No comments: