Wednesday 1 September 2021

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ mix 4

 

Photo by Gered Mankowitz

In memory of Charlie Watts, this months Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ mix kicks off with the outstanding Happy from The Stones epic Exile On Main Street album. Blasting out one of my favourite Stones songs led me to creating a rock n roll  style mix, the kind of tunes that would blast out in McChuills on High Street. A lot of the artists that feature in this mix have record sleeves adorning the walls in my favourite pub.

This mix would soundtrack a great night! Raw guitars, dirty grooves, cool hooks, vocals, soul and attitude dripping out of each and every song.

Enjoy. You can find this mix on Spotify by searching for Everything Flows DJ mix 4 

or by CLICKING HERE

Tracklist

Happy - Rolling Stones

Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics

Green Onions - Booker T and the M.G.'s

Baby, Please Don't Go - Them

Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan

Louie Louie - The Kingsmen

Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix

Wild Thing - The Troggs

I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges

My Generation - The Who

My Little Red Book - Love

I'm Waiting For The Man - The Velvet Underground

L.A. Woman - The Doors

Roadrunner - The Modern Lovers

The Jean Genie - David Bowie

Personality Crisis - New York Dolls

Tin Soldier - Small Faces

Till The End Of The Day - The Kinks


No comments: