Tuesday 3 August 2021

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ mix 3

 



Welcome to my 3rd DJ mix / playlist where, over 60-minutes (slightly over in this case) I try and create the vibe I used to love in bars like McChuills and The Variety Bar in Glasgow back in the early 00's. 'Back in the day' I'd often prefer staying in bars like this to going clubbing. The mix of music was more eclectic, you could mix more easily with other people, chat, dance, have a beer. The atmosphere in those bars was always so friendly and welcoming. The DJ style was very much anything goes and everything flows. I hope this is the kind of mix that, if played in McChuills or The Variety, would get people dancing, or coming up to ask me who the song was by if they hadn't heard it before.

From the coolness personified of Suicide and ESG, to bands and songs that did indeed soundtrack my nights out in the early 00's - Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada, a gem of an Air remix, Mylo and Royksopp. Throw in a couple of songs I've recently discovered by Charlotte Gainsbourg and DBFC, plus electro pop perfection by Eurythmics, a euphoric tune by Caribou, a real groove from Underworld and an undisputed classic by Massive Attack - this is quite a mix!

You can find it by searching Everything Flows DJ mix 3 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Dream Baby Dream - Suicide

Dance - ESG

Jus 1 Kiss - Basement Jaxx

If Everybody Looked The Same - Groove Armada

Love Is A Stranger - Eurythmics

Kelly Watch The Stars (Moog Cookbook remix) - Air

Deadly Valentine - Charlotte Gainsbourg

Autonomic - DBFC

Never Come Back - Caribou

In My Arms - Mylo

Eple - Royksopp

Jumbo - Underworld

Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack



No comments: