Friday 9 February 2018

Never Ending Mixtape Part 20


Welcome to the 20th section of the Never Ending Mixtape, my Spotify playlist that I add to on a regular basis and blog on monthly (sometimes twice).

20 songs are added and it's quite a mix ranging from a blissed out Primal Scream to a some funk soul masterpieces by Sly and the Family Stone.

In between we have beautiful disco electro from Joe Goddard (Hot Chip), indie cool from Galaxie 500, the pure rush of Dylan's seminal Like A Rolling Stone, 2 from The Beatles including Two Of Us - a song that always reminds me of buying the Let It Be album on cassette from Impulse Records in Hamilton and playing it on the way home as my Mum drove to Carluke through the Clyde Valley

The Roses are in with their sublime Where Angels Play and then we have 3 from Love including one of my top 3 favourite songs of all time - You Set The Scene. I was fortunate to catch Arthur Lee and Love half a dozen times in the 00's and his voice blew me away. The first time I caught him at Tuts shortly after he had been released from prison and I don't think I have ever felt my spine tingle quite as much as it did when he played this.

Jimmy Cliff plays the Kelvingrove Bandstand in the summer and he has 3 classics. His performance at Wickerman a few years ago was exceptional and I Can See Clearly Now was mind blowingly beautiful, euphoric and mesmerising.

We have a funk classic in the shape of Sport before a couple of tunes discovered through Spotify - the very gorgeous Stop Your Tears, a new wave pop tune from XTC and something from Super 8.

The latest additions close with a tender flowing instrumental from Curtis Mayfield before 2 bonafide classics from Sly and the Family Stone.

Search for Everything Flows Never Ending Mixtape on Spotify. Or click HERE.

The latest additions are listed below. You'll need to scroll down to play them, or just click shuffle and see where you start!

ENJOY!

Come Together - Primal Scream
Ordinary Madness - Joe Goddard
Strange - Galaxie 500
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Dear Prudence - The Beatles
Two Of Us - The Beatles
Where Angels Play - The Stone Roses
You Set The Scene - Love
Wonder People (I Do) - Love
Hummingbirds - Love
I Can See Clearly Now - Jimmy Cliff
The Harder They Come - Jimmy Cliff
Many Rivers To Cross - Jimmy Cliff
Sport - Lightnin' Rod
Stop Your Tears - Aldous Harding
Senses Working Overtime - XTC
T T T Technicolour Melodies - Super 8
Think - Curtis Mayfield
Everyday People - Sly and the Family Stone
Time For Livin' - Sly and the Family Stone

No comments: