Thursday 17 September 2015

The journey of a music blog - Apple Glasgow


I have kindly been invited to give a talk about my blog at the Apple Store in Buchanan Street, Glasgow, next Thursday (see above). You can reserve a place for free by CLICKING HERE

During the talk I'll be publishing a live blog to launch The Girl Effect #2, curated by TeenCanteen to raise funds and awareness for Scottish Women's Aid. An incredible selection of bands will be covering girl group songs. The first Girl Effect night took place at Summerhall in Edinburgh back in May and raised almost £3,500. Can the Glasgow one top that?

I will hopefully proving the importance of Social Media in spreading news/launching events - if you come along you can certainly help and it would be great to see you. There will also be a chance to ask questions about my blog.

I'll also be discussing;

1. Why I started writing a music blog

2. What I write about

3. The people I have met

4. Who reads the blog and how do they find it?

5. Stats - the good and the bad

6. Tips for those starting/considering a blog

7. A chat with Carla from TeenCanteen re the importance of blogs

8. An update on stats from the blog launched earlier in the evening

Dave Hook, aka Solareye from Stanley Odd 

No comments: