Friday 16 September 2011

Five for Friday - 16/09/10

Hello there


As usual, well most of the time anyway, here are five tunes I am enjoying just now to kick start your weekend.


We kick off with Bobby Womack and a belter of a tune. In my new job I need to drive a fair bit so I have been digging out cd's that I haven't played in ages. This was tucked away at the end of his best of compilation. I can imagine this going down well in a club.




Where do we go from there?!


Well my friends, we dive straight into the groove of Sexy Coffee Pot, one of the coolest 7-inches I own. The original sells for upwards of £300, sadly it is a reprint I have. Check this bad boy out;




We keep the groove going with a latino flavour and some funky nassau.




We then dive into the delicious delight of the 12-inch version of the monumental 'Move On Up' by the legendary Curtis Mayfield. Music really doesn't get much better than this.




We end with the driving force of The Flirtations 'Stronger Than Her Love' another gem I have on 7-inch. The backing vocals on this are just a dream and the beats and grooves are magic.



No comments: