Tuesday 29 August 2023

Anything Goes and Everything Flows DJ Mix 26

Hello and welcome to my latest 60-ish minute mix where I create a playlist of songs that I'd love to hear in a pub like McChuills or The Variety Bar in Glasgow. I used to frequent these pubs 'back in the day' and often enjoy the DJ and the tunes so much that I wouldn't head out to clubs. Their music policy was very much anything goes and everything flows ... and I loved it!

I still try to get to McChuills on occasions but have to admit that it has been years since I've hung out in Sauchiehall Street. The ABC used to be my main reason for heading up that way. It really has left a gaping wound in that part of Glasgow.

On to my mix. We start with a Ray Mang original followed by a mix, then Groove Armada mixed by Greg Wilson and the band then creating some euphoric pop with Mutya from Sugababes.

If you're a regular visitor to my blog then you'll know I love a good cover version, so we then have 2 recent discoveries of covers of Bowie's Heroes and Black Box's Ride On Time.

The mix then veers off a little with Caribou's super chilled Home, going down an 00's indie route with Peter, Bjorn and John followed by The Drums. Staying in the 00's we move back into electronic music with the dreamy Empire Of The Sun, disco heaven from Phoenix, the hands in the air and punch the sky ecstatic goodness of Justice vs Simian that was a monster tune in The Arches for a while, before closing with Australia's Cut Copy and a classic from New Order's Technique album.

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 26 on Spotify or simply CLICK HERE

Look Into My Eyes - Ray Mang

Judge Not (Ray Mang Disco Mix) - The Phenomenal Handclap Band

DIY Disco (Greg Wilson version) - Groove Armada

Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control) - Groove Armada

Heroes - The Tribe Of Good

Ride On Time - The Bamboos

Home - Caribou

Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn & John

Lets Go Surfing - The Drums

Walking On A Dream - Empire of the Sun

Too Young - Phoenix

We Are Your Friends - Justice Vs Simian

Need You Now - Cut Copy

Vanishing Point - New Order






No comments: