Friday 18 November 2022

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 18

 


This months 60(ish) minute mix goes all in. My aim from this mix is to make people smile or dance. Ideally both! The weather has turned, the cost of living crisis has gripped the country, the Tories still don't give a flying f**k and today it has been absolutely chucking it down.

So here are some tunes to make you feel all warm inside.

We kick off with the sublime orchestration of The Love Unlimited Orchestra and then we're straight into the tune that The Chemical Brothers would regularly open DJ sets with. Wait until the beats and strings kick in at 2  minutes! 

Going Back To My Roots is one of my all-time favourites but I usually play the Ritchie Havens version. Then it's a couple of stone cold soul stompers, the wonder of Stevie, extended mixes and Dimitri re-edits of some all time favourites, followed by Candi Staton & Whitney Houston classics to finish

I hope you enjoy this mix/playlist as much as I've enjoyed creating it.

As always in this regular feature, this mix stems from pre-club nights I used to go to at The Variety Bar or McChuills in Glasgow. Two amazing bars where the DJ's would (and still do) have free license to take people on a journey with the motto Anything Goes and Everything Flows.

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 18 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Love's Theme - The Love Unlimited Orchestra

Brother's Gonna Work It Out - Willie Hutch

Going Back To My Roots - Odyssey

Nothing But A Heartache - The Flirtations

Sunshine Of Your Love - Spanky Wilson

Superstition - Stevie Wonder

California Soul (Diplo remix) - Marlena Shaw

Move On Up (extended version) - Curtis Mayfield

Don't Leave Me This Way (Dimitri's re-edit) - Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

I Believe In Miracles (extended version) - The Jackson Sisters

I Want Your Love (Dimitri from Paris remix) - Chic

You Got The Love (New Voyager radio edit) - The Source w/ Candi Staton

I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston





No comments: