Saturday 13 August 2022

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 15




Welcome to my monthly 60-minute DJ mix where I like to throw in an eclectic bunch of tunes and see if my motto of Anything Goes & Everything Flows works! 

These mixes are inspired by DJ's I would catch in Glasgow bars like McChuills or The Variety Bar back in my younger days when I'd often go for a pre-club night and end up just staying in the bar.

I was in McChuills a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night and my wife and I ended up dancing at the end of the bar as DJ Stevie Elemements played a great mix of everything from The Sonics to Madonna, with everything in between. It was so good to hear brilliant music played loudly and to see people responding. Strangers (in some cases)  coming together through music.

We kick off with some laid back soulful & jazzy grooves before going on a real mix from the super cool sounds of Liquid Liquid, a detour into Mexican spiced rock, outrageous soul, electro pop, classic Bowie, crazy pop courtesy of The KLF before ending with the euphoric Loaded by Primal Scream.

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 15 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Rose rouge - St Germain

The Beat Goes On (live) - Buddy Rich Band

Be Thankful For What You've Got - Massive Attack

I Heard It Through The Grapevine - The Slits

Cavern - Liquid Liquid

The Mexican - Babe Ruth

You - Spanky Wilson

Sound and Vision - David Bowie

I Could Be Happy - Altered Images

Electricity - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark

Sliced Tomatoes - Just Brothers

California Soul - Marlena Shaw

Justified & Ancient - The KLF

Loaded - Primal Scream


No comments: