Wednesday 7 July 2021

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ mix 2

Welcome to the second in my series of 60-minute mixes where I try and curate a selection of songs that I think would make for an excellent Thursday, Friday or Saturday night in the likes of McChuills or The Variety Bar, two of my favourite pubs in Glasgow. 

'Back in the day' I would be a semi-regular in these bars for pre-club drinks, or more often than not (I was never a big clubber), my friends an I would stay in these bars for the night and enjoy the DJ's playing an eclectic mix of tunes.

So, I hope it's the kind of mix, that if I DJ'd in one of those bars, would get people dancing or coming up to me to ask about the song and who it was by - or maybe both.

There are covers, songs that were sampled to huge impact, a lost gem by Shaun Ryder, a remix, a 12-minute groove by Gil Scott-Heron and pure gospel euphoria.

You can search for Everything Flows DJ mix 2 on Spotify or CLICK HERE.

Inspector Norse - The Gene Dudley Group

He's Gonna Step On You Again - John Kongos

Are You My Woman? (Tell Me So) - The Chi-lites

'B Movie (Intro, Poem, Song) - Gil Scott-Heron

I Got Cash - Brooklyn Funk Essentials

Close The Dam - Shaun Ryder

E.V.A. - Jean-Jacques Perrey, Fatboy Slim

Love Is The Drug (Todd Terje Disco Dub) - Roxy Music

I Get Lifted - KC & the Sunshine Band

Let The Drums Speak - Fatback Band

Cola Bottle Song - Edwin Birdsong

Talking Bout My Baby - Fatboy Slim

Got This Happy Feeling - Ghetto Brothers

No comments: