Tuesday 18 March 2014

Seasons (Waiting On You) by Future Islands

Every so often I stumble across a song or performance that reminds you why I love music so much.

The Guardian are currently streaming Singles, the forthcoming album by Future Islands. They are also (rightly) raving about this incredible performance of Seasons (Waiting On You) from Letterman.


Wow! If you get 4-minutes of Prime Time TV in America then you have to make the most of it and these lads certainly did.

A flowing bass underpins a constant beat, emotional synths float over the top and the vocals are just outstanding, as is the performance from singer Samuel T Herring. Pleading and soulful vocals and a performance that comes across part Springsteen, part northern soul and all 'can't believe we're on Letterman I am gonna smash it.'

Two verses, two choruses and smash it they do. Hope they come to Glasgow.

Seasons change, and I tried hard just to soften you
The seasons change, but I've come tired of chasin' you
Because I've been waiting on you, I've been waiting on you
Because I've been waiting on you, I've been waiting on you

As it breaks, the summer awaits
But the winter washed whats left of the taste
As it breaks, the summer awaits
But the winter craved whats gone, crave whats gone

People change, though some people never do
You know when people change, they came to peace but they lose one to
Because I’ve been hanging on you, I’ve been waiting on you
Because I've been waiting on you, I've been hanging on you

As it breaks, the summer awaits
But the winter washed whats left of the taste
As it breaks, the summer awaits
But the winter craved whats gone, crave whats gone

No comments: