Tuesday 4 March 2014

Looking For You by Garnet Mimms

'Looking For You' by Garnet Mimms is heartfelt northern soul, absolutely stunning, a favourite 'on the scene', it is easy to hear why.

A heart has been broken and the guy just can't get over it. The pleading 'Baby I need you' that ends each verse is just sensational.

Bass, beats, piano, strings and heart tugging soulful vocals backed with gorgeous harmonies, all combine in a glorious manner. The lyrics are so simple yet they say so much. Has a broken heart ever been portrayed with so much soul?

Each verse contains something a little different to highlight the pain and longing;

  • the first verse is all about the touch and feeling, 
  • the second is all about wanting to go back in time to how it used to be, 
  • the third verse takes the beat out, highlighting how hopeless and lonely the singer has become as he wanders the streets, 
  • the fourth verse hammers home the pain;
  • each verse is punctuated by that 'Baby I need you'.

'Looking For You' is delivered in just 2 minutes and 44 seconds and packs a fair punch. Simply stunning.



Looking for you
Everywhere

I miss the touch of your fingertips
The burning fire of your sweet lips
How can I go on like this?
Baby I need you

Looking for you
Everywhere

Since the day you left me
I'm finding lonely memory
Make it how it used to be
Baby I need you

I stop in places we used to go
Ask if they've seen you, well nobody knows
I look for you up and down the street
Baby I need you

That's why I'm
Looking for you
Everywhere

There's a pain inside me
Cause I need you so desperately
I want more than memories
Baby I need you
Oh baby I need you

That's why I'm
Looking for you
Everywhere



No comments: