Monday 15 June 2020

DJ Andy Smith

Welcome to a short blog to highlight the DJ Andy Smith and his impeccable taste in music. I recently discovered his mini northern soul mix on YouTube where Andy dives into his record collection, pulls something out and mixes it with ease. Check it out below, visually and sonically brilliant!

I have a number of Andy's compilations. His 1998 mix album The Document set a very high bar and led to follow up mixes that have become exceptionally highly sought after on vinyl.


One of my favourite compilations in my collection is Andy Smith's Northern Soul double vinyl from 2005. I discovered so many fantastic songs that I hadn't heard before, including the exceptional My Little Girl (instrumental) by Bob and Earl Band. Well worth checking down on discogs.


In the meantime, back to my recent discovery of Andy Smith showing taste and skills on YouTube, mixing northern soul 45's in 6-minutes. Enjoy!


No comments: