Sunday 20 March 2022

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ mix 11 - Andrew Weatherall

Andrew Weatherall seemed to sprinkle magic on absolutely everything he touched. Coming to my attention through Primal Scream's seminal 1991 album Screamadelica, Weatherall's taste was cool and unique. If he loved something, if he thought it was interesting - then he was all in.

This resulted in him working with an incredible range of bands and artists through his career. From bands at their peak, to new bands breaking through. Old friends and new friends.

His talent and taste was well supported by labels like Heavenly Recordings, recognised by peers and worshipped by devoted fans.

In short, Weatherall was special. A visionary. He heard things in songs that us mere mortals couldn't. Or at least we couldn't until he got his hands on them and remixed them. 

On the second anniversary of his death, I found myself checking Twitter for tributes and fans posting their favourite Weatherall moments. Leading to me going down a delightful Andrew Weatherall rabbit hole for a few hours and clicking on some remixes that I hadn't heard before. As well as old favourites.

So for my regular Anything Goes & Everything Flows 60-minute mixes I've compiled one of Weatherall mixes. Only it's gone way beyond 60-minutes. That's probably apt as Andrew Weatherall was a guy who didn't believe in boundaries.

I believe in you, I've got no bounds

As mentioned in previous blogs. I started the 60-minute mixes based on favourite pubs in Glasgow like The Variety Bar and McChuills. I think this would go down a storm on a Friday/Saturday night in either.

I hadn't heard a number of these songs/remixes before. I particularly love the Silver Apples song, while both The Asphodells songs are fantastic and I'm exploring them a little more. Elsewhere long-time favourite bands of mine are well represented. 

Enjoy. Search for Everything Flows DJ mix 11 - Andrew Weatherall remixes on Spotify, or CLICK HERE

I Heard Wonders (Andrew Weatherall Instrumental Mix) - David Holmes

2013 (Andrew Weatherall Dub) - Primal Scream

Another Lonely City - The Asphodells (Andrew Weatherall & Timothy J Fairplay)

101 (Andrew Weatherall Intensity Mix) - Finitribe

Make It Right (Andrew Weatherall Vocal Remix) - Frank Butters Presents

Edge Of Wonder (Andrew Weatherall Remix) - Silver Apples

Wide Eyed (Andrew Weatherall Remix) - The Horrors

Feathers - Andrew Weatherall

Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Andrew Weatherall Mix) - Saint Etienne

Hallelujah (Club Mix by Andrew Weatherall & Paul Oakenfold) - Happy Mondays

Mainia Theme (Andrew Weatherall Remix) - Hardway Brothers

Restless (Andrew Weatherall Remix) - New Order

A Love From Outer Space - Version 2 - The Asphodells (Andrew Weatherall & Timothy J Fairplay)

Come Together - Primal Scream






No comments: