Saturday 12 March 2022

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 10

 



Welcome to the 10th in my series of 60-minute DJ mixes where I try and play tunes that I think would do down well in 2 of my favourite bars in Glasgow - McChuills and The Variety Bar. I used to visit these bars regularly in my younger years and the music the DJ's played tended to keep me in the bar all night long. Often giving up the chance to go on to a club just to stay there.

This month, I've gone for a more guitar focused mix than usual. Tunes like Crosstown Traffic can transform the atmosphere and vibe of a night immediately thanks to that incredible vibrant and urgent intro. The pace doesn't let up as Hendrix plays with sexual innuendo as he and his band rip through the song.

Louie Louie by The Kingsmen is a song I have heard many, many times in McChuills. It must be one of the coolest songs of all time. Then again, so must Roadrunner by The Modern Lovers.

Lennon's Instant Karma is euphoric and raw, Primal Scream sit next to their beloved Stones, the way Roger Daltrey sings why don't you all f-f-f-fade away still excites and thrills in 2022 and there is power pop perfection from Elvis Costello and also Buzzcocks.

Enjoy this mix. You can search for Everything Flows DJ mix 10 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Rock The Casbah - The Clash

Let's Dance - David Bowie

Pump It Up - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

Town Called Malice - The Jam

Crosstown Traffic - Jim Hendrix

Rocks - Primal Scream

Get Off Of My Cloud - The Rolling Stones

Louie Louie - The Kingsmen

My Generation - The Who

Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones

Here Comes The Summer - The Undertones

Roadrunner - The Modern Lovers

Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics

Transmission - Joy Division

Here Comes Your Man - The Pixies

Hotel Yorba - The White Stripes

Instant Karma - John Lennon

Ever Fallen In Love - Buzzcocks



No comments: