Wednesday 25 January 2023

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 20


Welcome to my first Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix of 2023. If you're new to this series, it's basically me compiling a 60(ish) minute mix/playlist that I would love to hear/play in one of my favourite pubs in Glasgow - McChuills. 

McChuills is an incredible music pub. It lives and breathes it. DJ's, bands, posters, artwork, nights, days ... Located on High Street, just on the edge of the Merchant City, it's just nicely out of the way of anything else, though still very central.

This months mix definitely has a McChuills vibe of northern soul, mod and just a dash of funk. It's got old faves from previous mixes like Keep On Keepin' On and I Believe In Miracles, but also plenty of recent discoveries such as the fantabulous version of Sympathy For The Devil by Sandie Shaw. Look out for that featuring in my Cover of the Month series in the near future!

If Googa Mama doesn't have you dancing and smiling then please check your pulse. 

I'm really pleased with this mix. 23 songs in 66-minutes. It packs a lot in for sure! ENJOY!

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 20 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Afternoon Of The Rhino - Mike Post Coalition

In Orbit - Joy Lovejoy

Googa Mama - The Bongolian

I Can Only Give You Everything - Them

Jezahel - Shirley Bassey

Don't You Miss Me A Little Bit Baby - Marvin Gaye

I Can't Help Lovin' You - Paul Anka

Keep On Keepin' On - Nolan Porter

Ride Your Pony - Betty Harris

Happy (Is My Life) - Andre Williams / Velvet Hammer

Come On Train (Original mix) - Don Thomas

Seven Days Too Long (Mono mix) - Chuck Wood

Sliced Tomatoes - Just Brothers

Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) - Frank Wilson

I Can't Hold On - Lorraine Chandler

I Can Feel Your Love - Felice Taylor

Tainted Love - Gloria Jones

Big Bird - Eddie Floyd

I Believe In Miracles - Jackson Sisters

The Night - Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons

Get Ready - Ella Fitzgerald

I'll Keep Holding On - The Marvelettes

Sympathy For The Devil - Sandie Shaw



No comments: