Saturday 23 May 2020

45 45's - Part 1 (1-10)


With a little more time on my hands I decided to try my first vlog.

I had the idea of writing a blog called 45 45's, about memories of 45 7-inch records I own, ahead of turning 45 next year. Something to work away at over the months ahead.

I then decided to go for a vlog. I really enjoy 10-15 minute vlogs on YouTube, so here is my first. There will be 3 more parts to the 45 45's series and then I'll consider others.

Part 1 focuses on 10 7-inch records including; the first 7-inch records I had bought for me, two of the first 7-inches I bought with my own money, records bought on the strength of the sleeves, entrepreneurial record buying and exchanging to get an original copy of Everything Flows, a record I bonded over with my sister and one that I remember buying the day it came out.

Let me know if you enjoy the vlog which you can watch by clicking on the section at the start. The records featured are;

Letter From America - The Proclaimers
Got My Mind Set On You - George Harrison
Born of Frustration - James
Movin' On Up - Primal Scream
Babe Come Down - Sammy
Superhero - Smudge
Puss/Oh The Guilt - Jesus Lizard/Nirvana
Everything Flows - Teenage Fanclub
Mrs Robinson - The Lemonheads
Kylie's Got A Crush On Us - BMX Bandits

No comments: