Monday 11 May 2020

Sibling lockdown mixtapes volume 6


Week 6 of the siblings 10-song mixtape weekly challenge during the lockdown.

My sister Carla has some truly stunning songs, many of which I hadn't heard before. A fantastic playlist.

Meanwhile my brother Ross reminds me how good a songwriter Paul Heaton is before taking on us on a fantastic journey through incredible songwriters in just 10 songs - ending with Prince, Bowie and Stevie Wonder! What a song to end on!

Lastly, I'm pretty pleased with what I pack in - soul, indie, electronic pop and lastly some truly sublime electro  courtesy of Underworld and Orbital.

Enjoy.

w/c 04/05/20

Carla

Mr Lee - The Bobbettes, Slow Fizz - The Sapphires, Ain't Got No Home - Clarence 'Frogman' Henry, Bop-Ting-A-Ling - LaVern Baker, I'd Rather Be An Old Man's Sweetheart - Candi Staton
, Don't Say Nothin' (Bad About My Baby) - The Cookies, Stick Up - Honey Cone, Leave It All Behind - The Fuzz, Sweet Inspiration - The Sweet Inspirations, I Could Have Danced All Night - Petula Clark


 Ross
Good As Gold (Stupid As Mud) - The Beautiful South, Walls Come Tumbling Down - The Style Council, The Seeker - The Who, I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down - Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Hotel Yorba - The White Stripes, Electric Love - He's My Brother She's My Sister, World Where You Live - Crowded House, Money Don't Matter 2 Night - Prince, Young Americans - David Bowie, I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) - Stevie Wonder


Murray
'T' Plays It Cool - Marvin Gaye, Les Fleurs - Minnie Riperton, Green Onions - Booker T and the MG's, Soul Fly PT. 1 - Amp Fiddler, Big Bird - Eddie Floyd, A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins, The Village - New Order, Is This Music? - Teenage Fanclub, Rez - Underworld, Belfast - Orbital



No comments: