Friday 19 August 2022

Circus Moving On

 

Poster Paints - Simon & Carla by Craig McIntosh

You say I need to walk before I float

But I'm already flying every day

Poster Paints continue to build momentum towards their eponymous debut with the release of the spellbinding Circus Moving On as a single. 

This song does float and glide beautifully through the verses, it's mellow, tender, dreamy

Then ... at 48 seconds ... the slow burning star becomes a shooting star lighting up the night sky at pace. A double chorus is delivered with strings

You say I need to walk before I float

But I'm already flying every day

I didn't know that I would be the joke

That got you crying when you say my name

When you say my name

You got under my skin,  in my hair, on my lips

Under finger nails, on my hips

And in my dreams

You got under my skin,  in my hair, on my lips

Under finger nails, on my hips

Everything slows to leave space for the next couple of lines

Between my teeth, under sheets

In my dreams

And then ... we explode back into the chorus again. The strings sound even more cinematic, it might as well be your own heart strings that are in the song. 

Here is what Carla had to say; "We worked remotely with Andrew Jin Chung based in Canada for the beautiful string arrangements that really made the findal recording soar. The initial idea was based around Mellotron sounds after a discussion about how much Simon and I both loved the song All My Happiness Is Gone by Purple Mountains. Subconciously that was perhaps a jumping off point for the lyrics and combining a classic sad/happy juxtaposition between words and sounds. It's not the Poster Paints sound you might be expecting but it's one of our favourites on the album and is a joy to play live."

Poster Paints have just announced a show at The Glad Cafe in Glasgow to celebrate the release of their eponymous debut album. Come and hear this song live ... bring your heart strings.

CIRCUS MOVING ON (LYRIC VIDEO)

TICKETS HERE

PRE_ORDER ALBUM HERE (MONORAIL EXLUSIVE)



No comments: