Friday 17 April 2020

Sibling lockdown mixtapes volume 3

Hope Sandoval and Jim Reid

I am really enjoying the challenge of making a 10-song mixtape/playlist every week for my brother and sister and I am loving seeing what they create for me.

This week my playlist is focused on guitar pop with a lot of focus on chiming guitars. Scotland is well represented, as is Australia, the West Coast of America and Birmingham! I love all of these songs and I hope you enjoy checking them out.

My brother mixes it up again. There are some heavy riffs from Jack White and Supergrass, a cool cover I hadn't heard before, pop perfection from Todd Rundgren and a couple of other cracking cover versions including Ezra Furman taking on LCD Soundsystem.

The Secession and Charli XCX songs on my sisters mixtape blew me away. And I have a not so guilty pleasure in loving that Annie Lennox song. How powerful is The Fuzzy Bunnies version of The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore?! And I love the Basia Bulat song.

w/c 13/04

Murray
The Concept - Teenage Fanclub, Nothing To Be Done - The Pastels, Felicity - Orange Juice, Sometimes Always - JAMC w/ Hope Sandoval, Imperial - Primal Scream, Anything Could Happen - The Clean, Easy Come Easy Go - Grant McLennan, I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better - The Byrds, Burned - Buffalo Springfield, Sunlight Bathed the Golden Glow - Felt


Ross
Three Women - Jack White, Long Black Road - ELO, TVC15 - David Bowie, Ticket To Ride - Vanilla Fudge, I Can Change - Ezra Furman, Hopper - Paul Weller, Swingin' - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Gimme Shelter - Merry Clayton, Couldn't I Just Tell You - Todd Rundgren, China Grove - The Doobie Brothers, Diamond Hoo Ha Man - Supergrass


Carla
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie and the Banshees, Another Girl Another Planet - The Only Ones, Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric, SuperLove - Charli XCX, In Private - Dusty Springfield, Little Bird - Annie Lennox, Michael - Secession, La La Lie - Basia Bulat, The Sun Ain't Gonna Shne Anymore - The Fuzzy Bunnies, Goodbye My Love - Yoko Ono




 

No comments: