Friday 26 August 2011

Five for Friday 26.08.11

This weeks tunes are inspired by the DJ Greg Wilson. I can't get enough of his amazing selection of mixes over at his soundcloud account

Greg's mixes are flawless and he drops in some amazing surprises at times.


We start with 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough' which appears at the end of his Bestival set, the edit played is just sheer joy. This is a rare and unreleased version that Greg may have got his hands on.




We then change pace with this Leo Zero edit/remix of 'No Tears To Cry' by Paul Weller - check the strings when they kick in, gorgeous.




Followed by a romp by ELO 'Last Train To London' again with glorious strings that Greg makes full use of in his Bestival set. The refain 'I really want tonight to last forever, I really want to be with you' would have sounded amazing at a festival.




Fleetwood Mac are next with the stunning 'Everywhere'. The opening lyric is just so catchy and emotional. 'Can you hear me calling, out your name? You know I'm falling and I don't know what to say.'




I'll end with a tune Greg has ended his sets with, the euphoric 'Movin' On Up' by Primal Scream.



1 comment:

John M Kerr said...

How about "Everywhere" by Sonny Marvello? I really think they could!