A heart has been broken and the guy just can't get over it. The pleading 'Baby I need you' that ends each verse is just sensational.
Bass, beats, piano, strings and heart tugging soulful vocals backed with gorgeous harmonies, all combine in a glorious manner. The lyrics are so simple yet they say so much. Has a broken heart ever been portrayed with so much soul?
Each verse contains something a little different to highlight the pain and longing;
- the first verse is all about the touch and feeling,
- the second is all about wanting to go back in time to how it used to be,
- the third verse takes the beat out, highlighting how hopeless and lonely the singer has become as he wanders the streets,
- the fourth verse hammers home the pain;
- each verse is punctuated by that 'Baby I need you'.
'Looking For You' is delivered in just 2 minutes and 44 seconds and packs a fair punch. Simply stunning.