Thursday 1 February 2024

Never Ending Mixtape part 88

Hey

How are you?

Welcome to the first update on my Never Ending Mixtape of 2024. 

Thanks so much if you take the time to check it out and SPECIAL thanks if you are one of the 343 people who follow my playlist. It's now approaching 4,000 songs! There are 3,761 at the time of writing.

Dig in and I hope you find something amazing that you have never heard before or that you rediscover an old favourite.

Here are some of the songs I've been enjoying since I last updated the blog.

Search for Everything Flows Never Ending Mixtape on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Recent discoveries

Find My Way - Paul McCartney w/ Beck - Macca and Beck, they should do more together.

That F**king Feeling - Sean Lennon

Cat People (Putting Out A Fire) - David Bowie - this Bowie song had completely passed me by, but I've been playing it a lot following the recent Bowie night at The Admiral Woods.

Patience Wearing Thin - Ducks Ltd. - a VERY recent discovery. I'll be checking out more of their work.

New music

Crazy Again - Gossip - Really enjoyed hearing this on 6Music. New single that caused me to go back and check out the classic Standing In The Way Of Control. What a voice!

Blue - NewDad - Terrible band name (I can be a band name snob at times), good song

Quite a few from the new Bill Ryder-Jones album - it is SUBLIME!

Old favourites

Loving Cup - The Rolling Stones
Lay Lady Lay - Bob Dylan
Such Great Heights - The Postal Service
If Not For You - George Harrison
Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
20/20 - Gaz Coombes 
Falling - Ben Kweller - sublime songwriting



No comments: