Thursday 19 October 2023

Anything Goes and Everything Flows DJ Mix 27

Hey

It's been a couple of months since my last 60-minute mix. 

I've gone for something a little different this time; starting and ending the mix with a couple of cool, dreamy, acoustic yet psychedelic songs. In between there is a riot of 60's beat group and psychedelia and somehow Cornershop find their way in too!

I've decided to title this mix Embryonic Journey after the sublime opening song by Jefferson Airplane, as everything that follows really stemmed from this blissful instrumental. I first heard it on the programme The Wonder Years when I was a kid. I find it so peaceful - very welcome given the chaotic world that we are living in.

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 27 - Embryonic Journey on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Embryonic Journey - Jefferson Airplane

Brain - The Action

Memo From Turner - Mick Jagger

Peace Frog - The Doors

Absolutely Sweet Marie - Bob Dylan

I Feel Free - Cream

Rock & Roll - The Velvet Underground

Blow-Up (Main Title) - Herbie Hancock

St Marie Under Cannon - Cornershop

My Generation - The Who

Till The End Of The Day - The Kinks

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey - The Beatles

Open My Eyes - Nazz

Jump Into the Fire - Harry Nilsson

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised - Gil Scott-Heron

My Head Is My Only House Unless It Rains - Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band

Have You Seen The Stars Tonite - Paul Kantner




No comments: