Tuesday 15 August 2023

Never Ending Mixtape part 84

Welcome to part 84 of my Never Ending Mixtape.

Did you used to make up C90 mixtapes for family, friends, boyfriends/girlfriends back in the day? Remember the thought that you put into them? The hours of pressing pause & record to ensure there was minimal space between songs, the debate over the tracklisting?

I used to love that and I still enjoy making my regular 60-minute playlists on Spotify in my regular Anything Goes & Everything Flows feature. I put a lot of thought into the flow and song choices.

But for my Never Ending Mixtape playlist, I simply add songs I enjoy at random, with absolutely no thought behind the tracklisting or how songs sit together, or if things flow or not. It's quite refreshing!

At the time of writing there are 3,422 songs on the playlist (up to Big Boss Man by Mercury Rev w/ Hope Sandoval). You can play from the start, click shuffle, scroll to near the end for the latest additions, or somewhere in between.

I hope you discover an incredible song you've never heard before, or that you rediscover an old favourite. 

Search for Everything Flows Never Ending Mixtape on Spotify or CLICK HERE

New additions include;

OLD FAVES
It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube, Weekender (Weatherall's) - Flowered Up, Hard Drive - Evan Dando, Morning Wonder - The Earlies, Goddess On A Hiway - Mercury Rev, Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack, Crown Of  Creation - Ride,

RECENT DISCOVERIES

Love (instrumental) - Unloved, Work To Do - The Isley Brothers, Mind Games - Sinead O'Connor, Utopia - Pete Josef, If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags) - Maria McKee, My God Has A Telephone - The Flying Stars Of Brooklyn NY, DIY Disco (Greg Wilson mix) - Groove Armada, Evening Star Supercharger - Sparklehorse, Walk On The Wild Side - Jeff Duff 




No comments: