Friday 12 May 2023

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 24


This months 60-minute mix/playlist starts with an incredible song by Peter Gordon & Love of Life Orchestra. I first heard this song on a James Murphy/DFA Fabric mix album I bought. What a song and what a way to open a set. I pinched the idea from them! At almost 9-minutes long this really takes listeners on a journey!

Tim Burgess from The Charlatans released an album with Peter Gordon back in 2016 and when thinking of a Charlatans track that could follow, I thought Scorched might work pretty well. I think it does - do you?

Suicide follow, super cool and edgy, then New Order kick in big time. Then there is a double dose of Prince magic. Controversy is my favourite Prince song, it's arranged like a remix - incredible!

It's Alright, I Feel It is beautifully uplifting, the Prince Language remix of LCD's 45:33 is sublime and this mix ends with two hands in the air belters.

Enjoy this mix.

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 24 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Beginning of the Heartbreak / Don't Don't - Peter Gordon & Love of Life Orchestra

Scorched - The Charlatans

Last Time - Suicide

Vanishing Point - New Order

Controversy - Prince

I Wanna Be Your Love - Prince

It's Alright, I Feel It - Nuyorican Soul & Jocelyn Brown

45:33 (Prince Language Remix) - LCD Soundsystem

Love Has Come Around - Donald Byrd

I Feel Your Love Comin' On - CHIC


No comments: