Tuesday 21 March 2023

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 22

Hello and welcome to my 22nd in a series of 60-minute playlists/mixes. 

With these mixes I  try to create the vibe I would get from entering The Variety / McChuills in Glasgow on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night, where DJ's would (and still do) work their magic to get the crowd in the mood for moving on to a club, or in my case, often opting to just stay in the bar.

In these magical bars that I frequently visited through my 20's, the DJ's would spin incredibly cool tunes, many that I had never heard before, causing me to go up and ask the DJ what they were playing. McChuills and The Variety were places where the music policy was very much anything goes and everything flows.

My last few mixes have been very soul heavy, so with this one I really did just go with the flow. We kick off with a sublime instrumental by the super talented Gruff Rhys, then we have divine Whyte Horses before some old faves by The Avalanches, The Go! Team and Jurassic 5.

They still sound so fresh!

Elsewhere we have a brass band covering Joy Division, retro dance sounds by The Bees, a moment of euphoria by Flaming Lips and some blissful electronic music to get lost in by Underworld and LCD.

Throw in the super cool Misdemeanor, The Funk Brothers, Tim Burgess fronting The Chemical Brothers and an instrumental of The Charlatans Sproston Green to close and ... it's a pretty cool eclectic mix.

Search for Everyting Flows DJ Mix 22 on Spotify or CLICK HERE

Enjoy.


Caitlin's Theme - Gruff Rhys

Ecstasy Song - Whyte Horses

Since I Left You - The Avalanches

Ladyflash - The Go! Team

Concrete Schoolyard - Jurassic 5

Misdemeanor - The CB's

Life Is Sweet - Chemical Brothers w/ Tim Burgess

Tell Me It's Just A Rumour Baby - The Funk Brothers

Love Will Tear Us Apart - Hot 8 Brass Band

Chicken Payback - The Bees

Race For The Prize (Mokran Mix) - The Flaming Lips

Jumbo - Underworld

Us V Them - LCD Soundsystem

Sproston Green (instrumental) - The Charlatans



No comments: