Saturday 18 February 2023

Anything Goes & Everything Flows DJ Mix 21


Welcome to my latest 60 (ish) minute mix, my 21st in the series!

I love this mix and I'm writing as I groove away in my kitchen. It eases in, there is almost a false start after the first song builds, only to go back to scratch for Fun In The Church.

The grooves in this mix are sensational. The musicianship is off the scale, the arrangements are awesome, the energy is electric - leaping out from the music and the soul is strong and true.

We have a double dose of David Axelrod, gospel, funk, soul, a number of cover versions and at the centre of the mix are 4 songs by Chairmen Of The Board from their incredible Skin I'm In album from 1974. I have Andrew Divine (a real DJ in Glasgow!) to thank for turning me on to this sensational album. What a run of songs!!! When that if it feels good it's alright vocal kicks in ..... WOW!

Hoping to get to Andrew's night at the CCA on Feb 25th.

Ending with the soul shaking, spine tingling, rip roaring I Can Feel Your Love by Felice Taylor. I hope you enjoy this 'mix'.

Search for Everything Flows DJ Mix 21 on Spotify or CLICK HERE


Heaven Bound - Sharon Jones, E.L. Fields Gospel Wonders

Fun In The Church - Cannonball Academy, Nat Adelrey Sextet & Fleming Williams

Funky Thithee - Shuggie Otis

Give Me Your Love - Sisters Love

She's A Bad Girl - Lee Moses

Get Up Off Your Knees - David Axelrod

You're So Vain - David Axelrod

Morning Glory - Chairmen Of The Board

Life and Death in G & A (Part 1)

White Rose (Freedom Flower)

Life and Death in G & A (Part 2)

Higher Ground - Ellen McIlwaine

You Don't Love Me - Barbara and the Browns

I'm Just A Prisoner (Of Your Good Lovin') - Candi Staton

Kissing My Love - Spanky Wilson

Gimme Shelter - Maxayn

I Can't Move No Mountains - Margie Joseph

California Soul - Brenda and the Tabulations

I Can Feel Your Love - Felice Taylor







No comments: